- Anthony E. Davis, Withdrawing From ‘Problem’ Clients – Consider a New Year’s Resolution, New York Law Journal (January 8, 2018).
- Allison Wood, Withdrawing From the Client Who Owes You Money, Solo Practice University (August 31, 2017).
- Stan Gibson, Motion to Withdraw as Counsel of Record Denied Because It was Filed on the Eve of Trial, PATENT LAWYER BLOG (May 19, 2014).
- Martha Neil, Akin Gump Withdraws from Case after Winning $25M Jury Verdict, Says Client Admitted Evidence Issues, ABA JOURNAL (May 22, 2014, 10:57 AM).
- Jay Jackson, Miami-Dade’s Overburdened PD’s Office May Decline New Clients, Florida Court Says, ABA JOURNAL (Oct. 1, 2013, 3:50 AM).
- Martha Neil, With $1B Fee Unpaid, Plaintiff Lawyer Who Won $18B Enviro Case Is Now Pro Se Against Chevron, ABA JOURNAL (May 6, 2013, 3:15 PM).
- Ashby Jones, After King & Spalding Drops DOMA Case, Clement Drops Firm, WSJ LAW BLOG (Apr. 25, 2011, 12:09 PM ET).
- Ted Mann, Christie Attorney Withdraws as Port Authority Counsel in Toll Lawsuit, WSJ LAW BLOG (Feb. 21, 2014, 4:19 PM ET).
- Joe Patrice, Big Law Firm Withdraws, Citing Client’s Systematic Falsification of Evidence, ABOVE THE LAW (May 21, 2014, 5:46 PM).
- Theresa Schmidt, Calcasieu Public Defenders Withdrawing from 400 Cases, KPLCTV.COM (Jul. 27, 2012, 6:16 PM).
- Alain Leibman, Third Circuit Reminds That in Criminal Cases a Joint Representation Conflict of Interest Is Not Avoided Simply because the Clients Consent and Waive any Conflict, WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE & COMPLIANCE BLOG (Jul. 19, 2012).
- Jaxon Van Derbeken, Ex-Senator Backs Out of San Bruno Blast Talks, SFGATE (Oct. 26, 2012, 12:18 AM).
- When Conflicts Cost (Firm Sanctioned), LAW FIRM RISK MANAGEMENT BLOG (Nov. 11, 2013, 6:33 AM).
- U.S. Lawyer for Megaupload.com Withdraws, REUTERS (Jan. 22, 2012, 5:06 PM).
- In re Smith, 70 A.3d 1213 (D.C. 2013).
- In re Davis, 725 S.E.2d 216 (Ga. 2012).
- RFF Family Partnership, LP v. Burns & Levinson, LLP, 991 N.E.2d 1066 (Mass. 2013).
- Attorney Grievance Comm’n of Maryland v. Page, 62 A.3d 163 (Md. 2013).
- In re Schalk, 2 N.E.3d 679 (Ind. 2014).
- Disciplinary Counsel v. Gonzalez, 6 N.E.3d 1149 (Ohio 2014).
- Stephen v. Sallaz & Gatewood, Chtd., 248 P.3d 1256 (Id. 2011).
- Robbins v. Legacy Health Sys., Inc., 311 P.3d 96 (Wash. Ct. App. 2013).
Risk Management Best Practices Database Legal Statement
Information provided by Attorney Protective is not intended as legal advice. This publication provides best practices for use in connection with general circumstances, and ordinarily does not address specific situations. These best practices are not intended to meet or establish the standard of care, and sometimes recommend practices that exceed the standard of care. Specific situations should be discussed with legal counsel licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction. By publishing practice and risk prevention tips, Attorney Protective neither implies nor provides any guarantee that claims can be prevented by use of the suggested practices. Though the contents of Attorney Protective's Best Practice Database have been carefully researched, Attorney Protective makes no warranty as to the accuracy, applicability or timeliness of the content. Anyone wishing to reproduce any part of the Attorney Protective Best Practices Database content must request permission from Attorney Protective by calling 877-728-8776 or sending an email to email@example.com. Additionally the rules cited in the contents of this database may have since changed. You should check the laws and model rules in your state for specific information on the topics addressed here.