- Karen Sloan, ABA Passes Measure on Lawyer Substance Abuse and Mental Health, Law.com (February 5, 2018).
- Attorney Mentoring Programs: Selected Profiles, National Legal Aid & Defender Association.
- Patrick Krill, Why Lawyers Are Prone to Suicide, CNN (Jan. 21, 2014).
- Debra Cassens Weiss, State Bars Battle Lawyer Depression; Legal Profession Ranks Fourth in Suicide Rate, ABA Journal (Jan. 22, 2014)
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Depression, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Rob Abruzzese, Lawyers Struggle with Substance Abuse at Nearly Twice the Rate of General Population, Brooklyn Daily Eagle (Mar. 28, 2013).
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Alcohol Abuse and Dependence, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Stress, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Suicide, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Compassion Fatigue, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs, Drug Abuse and Dependence, ABA (last visited Aug. 13, 2014).
- Attorneys and Substance Abuse, Butler Research Center (Sept. 2012).
- State Bar of Montana, Special Issues on Lawyers, Depression, and Suicide, Montana Lawyer (2012).
- Dianne Molvig, The Toll of Trauma, Wisconsin Lawyer (2011).
- Mary Ellen Sullivan, Build A Stress Safety Net Into Your Law Practice, Attorney At Work (Jul. 3, 2013).
- Mary Ellen Sullivan, Delicate Conversations: If You Suspect Substance Abuse, Attorney At Work (Sep. 12, 2012).
- Mary Ellen Sullivan, Delicate Conversations: Is it Depression, Attorney At Work (Sep. 24, 2012).
- Marcia Pennington Shannon, Is it the Winter Blues or Something More, Attorney At Work (Jan. 24, 2012).
- Sheila Blackford, Knockout Burnout, Attorney At Work (May 9, 2011).
- Mike Frisch, Wisconsin First: Conditional Reinstatement, Legal Profession Blog (May 9, 2014).
- Mike Frisch, Probation Extended, Not Revoked, By 4-3 Vote, Legal Profession Blog (Feb. 5, 2014).
- Mike Frisch, Attorney Busted for DUI After Drinking with Client, Legal Profession Blog (Jan. 27, 2014).
- Mike Frisch, Attorney Charged with Lawyering While Intoxicated, Legal Profession Blog (Jul. 21, 2014).
- Order of Suspension, In re Christopher Stout, No. 10PR0135 (Ill. May 16, 2014).
- Oklahoma ex rel. Oklahoma Bar Assn. v. Soderstrom, 321 P.3d 159 (Okla. 2013).
- Colorado v. Anthanasiou, No. 12PDJ069, 2012 WL 4163234 (Colo. Sept. 20, 2012).
Risk Management Best Practices Database Legal Statement
Information provided by Attorney Protective is not intended as legal advice. This publication provides best practices for use in connection with general circumstances, and ordinarily does not address specific situations. These best practices are not intended to meet or establish the standard of care, and sometimes recommend practices that exceed the standard of care. Specific situations should be discussed with legal counsel licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction. By publishing practice and risk prevention tips, Attorney Protective neither implies nor provides any guarantee that claims can be prevented by use of the suggested practices. Though the contents of Attorney Protective's Best Practice Database have been carefully researched, Attorney Protective makes no warranty as to the accuracy, applicability or timeliness of the content. Anyone wishing to reproduce any part of the Attorney Protective Best Practices Database content must request permission from Attorney Protective by calling 877-728-8776 or sending an email to email@example.com. Additionally the rules cited in the contents of this database may have since changed. You should check the laws and model rules in your state for specific information on the topics addressed here.