- Dylan McGuinness, Lawyer Resigns After State Missed Costly Court Deadline, US News, June 4, 2018.
- Sidley Austin, Fed. Circ. Won't Toss Sidley's Blown Deadline IP Deal, LAW360 (May 1, 2014).
- Jeffrey L. Mills & W. Kelley Stewart, E-Filing or E-Failure: New Risks Every Litigator Should Know, FOR THE DEFENSE (2011).
- Ryan Davis, Sidley Austin Attys Missed Deadline to Appel $40M Verdict, LAW 360 (Feb. 12, 2014).
- Debra Cassens Weiss, ABA Urges SCOTUS Review in Case of Capital Defendant Whose Lawyer Missed Habeas Deadline, ABA J. (Feb. 6, 2014).
- The Clinton Law Firm, Texas Court of Appeals Affirms Suspension for Lawyer Who Missed Deadlines in Immigration Matter, CHICAGO LEGAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER BLOG (Dec. 25, 2012).
- Osborne v. Keeney, 399 S.W.3d 1 (Ky. 2012).
- Allison v. Commn. for Lawyer Discipline, 374 S.W.3d 520 (Tex. App. 2012).
- Graves v. Deutsche Bank Sec., Inc., No. 07 Civ. 05471, 2011 WL 1044357 (S.D. N.Y. Mar. 4, 2011).
- Robinson v. Wix Filtration Corp., 599 F.3d 403 (4th Cir. 2010).
- PHL Variable Insurance Co. v. U.S. Bank Natl. Assn., Civ. No. 10-1197 (RHK/AJB), 2010 WL 3926310 (D. Minn. Oct. 4, 2010).
- Harman v. McAfee, 691 S.E.2d 586 (Ga. Ct. App. 2010).
- Kanoff v. Better Life Renting Corp., 350 F. Appx. 655 (3d Cir. 2009).
- Craig v. Police Jury of Grant Parish, 347 F. Appx. 119 (5th Cir. 2009).
- Arrington v. La Rabida Children's Hosp., No. 06 C 5129, 2009 WL 928922 (N.D. Ill. Apr. 3, 2009).
- Toshiba Am. Info. Sys. v. New England Tech., No. SACV 05-00955-CJC, 2007 WL 8089815 (C.D. Cal. Nov. 14, 2007).
- In re PRD, 925 A.2d 1026 (Vt. 2007).
- Horn v. Wooster, 165 P.3d 69 (Wyo. 2007).
Risk Management Best Practices Database Legal Statement
Information provided by Attorney Protective is not intended as legal advice. This publication provides best practices for use in connection with general circumstances, and ordinarily does not address specific situations. These best practices are not intended to meet or establish the standard of care, and sometimes recommend practices that exceed the standard of care. Specific situations should be discussed with legal counsel licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction. By publishing practice and risk prevention tips, Attorney Protective neither implies nor provides any guarantee that claims can be prevented by use of the suggested practices. Though the contents of Attorney Protective's Best Practice Database have been carefully researched, Attorney Protective makes no warranty as to the accuracy, applicability or timeliness of the content. Anyone wishing to reproduce any part of the Attorney Protective Best Practices Database content must request permission from Attorney Protective by calling 877-728-8776 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally the rules cited in the contents of this database may have since changed. You should check the laws and model rules in your state for specific information on the topics addressed here.